ESOS Phase 2 Has Started
What is ESOS and who does it apply to?
High energy costs and tighter regulations governing energy usage are just a couple of the challenges facing the UK’s business sector. The aim behind the Energy Saving and Opportunity Scheme (ESOS), is for UK companies to become more transparent about their energy consumption; which in turn, will identify ways for an organisation to not only reduce their energy consumption, but to reduce their energy costs as well.
ESOS is a mandatory energy efficiency scheme targeted at all large UK organisations who meet one of more of the following criteria:
- It employs 250 or more people
- It has an annual turnover in excess of 50 million euros or an annual balance sheet total in excess of 43 million euros
Now in it’s second phase, companies are being urged to adhere to the compliance deadline of 5th December 2019.
Get the maximum benefit from the ESOS compliance process with the SMARTech energy consultancy service
Significant energy savings can be identified through ESOS and many organisations have found that going beyond environmental compliance makes good business sense – treating it as an opportunity to not only reduce their energy costs, but ultimately, to save money on their bottom line.
Why choose SMARTech energy consultancy?
As an approved ESOS Lead Assessor, SMARTech energy’s team of consultants can help guide your organisation through to ESOS compliance. The process can take up-to 12 months to achieve certification, so the sooner energy saving opportunities are identified, the sooner projects can be implemented.
The road to ESOS compliance:
- The consultancy starts with an initial assessment which leads to a full review of available energy data across an organisation’s site
- Using energy monitoring equipment, the system tracks an organisation’s energy consumption remotely, minute by minute and identifies driving factors affecting energy efficiency
- Our team then conduct an energy audit to identify cost effective energy efficiency and energy management opportunities
- SMARTech energy consultancy prepare an Energy Management Survey report which substantiates the audit, it’s findings and recommendations
- Our team prepare a report of compliance to the Environmental Agency
Civil penalties for non compliance
Failure to comply with ESOS, could result in civil penalties.