Salary: £18k with payrise after 6 months. Full time / permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join leading energy management and reduction specialist, SMARTech energy Ltd as Electronics Engineer.
Applications from candidates must hold a degree in engineering – (preferably electronics), but a degree in other engineering fields will also be considered from those who have relevant knowledge and experience. Duties will primarily be the installation of energy monitoring systems and the development of testing capabilities. The ideal candidate will be interested to learn and develop and be able to work in a customer driven environment, with good interpersonal skills.
Why join us?
We understand that the key to our success is the people we work with – which is why we’ve put together a great package which includes:
- Training and progression to continually develop
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Company vehicle
SMARTech energy are leaders in the provision of specialist energy management and reduction solutions, together with integrated commercial solutions – from heating and cooling systems to electrical services, power management and energy consultancy.
Fuelled by customer demand for energy efficient technologies, we’re on the hunt for a qualified Electronics Engineer to join our growing team.
Check out our cooling website www.SMARTech-energy.co.uk for more information on the company.
What would I be doing?
Ultimately, we’re looking for an Electronics Engineer to be responsible for the on-site delivery of projects.
- As a specialised engineer, you’ll be responsible for developing, testing and troubleshooting the installation of energy monitoring systems on three phase supplies
- Troubleshooting on complex technical problems
- Working with third party manufacturers where required
- Technical inputs to the research and development of energy monitoring equipment
- Diagnose system issues to find solutions in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager in line with your responsibilities
- Responsible to perform all the duties of the role on ‘as needed’ basis to ensure customer expectations are met
And what would I need?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (preferably electronics), but a degree in other engineering fields will also be considered – subject to knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of power quality parameters, variable speed drives, Thyristors, PLCs, DC motors, battery chargers
- Practical experience through previous internships or project work
- Advanced MS office skills, data processing and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Good work ethic and enthusiasm
- Have a full driving license
SMARTech energy are based in Corsham, Wiltshire. Approximately four miles from Chippenham and 20 minutes from the M4, Junction 17.
Please send us an email to enquiries@SMARTech-energy.co.uk
SMARTech energy is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Any job applicants will receive equal treatment in the recruitment process and SMARTech energy will not discriminate unlawfully. Recruitment processes are conducted on the basis of merit, abilities and qualifications. Any requests for feedback should be made and will be responded to in writing.