SMARTech energy Ltd is a fast growing, award winning energy management company which specialises in energy reduction within commercial businesses. We are seeking a 17th Edition qualified Electrician who can carry out inspecting and testing and to work unsupervised or as part of a team. The purpose of the role is to install and maintain electrical systems, lighting, power, energy savings solutions, energy monitoring equipment, cooling systems & renewable energy equipment.
The Person / Role and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a level 3, 17th Edition qualified electrician (BS7671) with Level 3 Inspecting and testing (BS2391) with at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Assemble, modify, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s licence or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local legislation and BS7671 regulations.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Have knowledge/experience of electrical installations /reactive works and fault finding on commercial sites in both light and power (internal & external)
- Experienced in commercial/industrial settings, ideally with experience of the installation of LED lighting, controls, VO, VSD’s etc or similar
- Computer literate
- Full driving licence
- Natural team leader
All the stuff you would expect from fast growing, results focused, innovative company including:
- OTE up to £28,000 – £35,000 depending on experience (including bonus)
- Full support and training from a team dedicated to helping you be successful
- An energetic, enjoyable and engaging working environment.
SMARTech energy’s industry leading range of energy management and energy efficiency solutions were recently recognised at The Enterprising Wiltshire 2016 Awards with SMARTech energy winning both “The Green Business of the Year” award and over the overall “Business of the Year” category. To join our fantastic team, please send your CV today to enquiries@SMARTech-energy.co.uk